- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 12 slices thick-cut bacon
- 2 teaspoons fennel seeds, crushed
- Freshly ground black pepper
FIRST | Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Mix the maple syrup and dark brown sugar in a small bowl.
NEXT | Cover surface of sheet pan with foil and set a rack on top. Put the bacon on the rack leaving space between the strips. Brush with the maple syrup mixture and then sprinkle some fennel seeds on top. Be sure not to use too much fennel, it can be strong. Season with black pepper.
NOW | Bake until brown and crisp, 20 to 25 minutes. Loosen the bacon from the rack and let it cool there 5 minutes before serving.